Monday, November 23, 2015

Harajuku Tokyo Street Fashion at the Honolulu Museum of Art

Harajuku came to Honolulu with a smile on her face!

It was at first strange to walk into a tropical setting and see so many Japanese Lolita girls gathered around taking pictures. But I assimilated quite quickly because I had my most recent girl with me " Dark rabbit Hole" and made our way around the galleries. 



Honolulu Museum put together a brief look into the Harajuku street fashion scene and when curator Sara Oka came to Japan we were delighted to introduce her to all our friends. Baby the Star Shines Bright,  Jane Marple, Q Pot, Muchacha, all our Blythe collaborators were featured at the show. 







In the museum shop, the buyer selected a nice collection of Blythe goods to sell. Maybe in the future there will be Blythe lovers in Paradise. Hope so, Hawaii is where I come from and it would be great is someday there was a Blyteh con there. I would go for sure.






Exhibition Details:
 
 
Harajuku: Toyko Street Fashion
November 19, 2015 - April 03, 2016
Honolulu Museum of Art 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment